In-Store Wireless Access Point Installation Procedure for AvaLAN AP (DFS58EMVAP/DFS584EMVSU
MOUNTING THE DFS58EMVAP (INDOOR UNIT)
- Mounting Options:
A. Remove the white backing of the supplied adhesive and attach to the back of the quick
disconnect bracket (the lip will be facing away from you).
B. To wall mount use screws (not provided) for the 4 holes on the Enclosure.
- Locate an area on your store front that the AP can be securely mounted and has visibility to
all your dispensers. See Installation Location for Access Point on page 8
Note: Make sure to leave room for your antennas with a 3 inch clearance.
- Thoroughly clean the prospective mounting surface before removing the red adhesive
backing and applying to the back of the quick disconnect bracket with the flange at the top
of the bracket jutting away from the mount surface.
- Apply the quick disconnect bracket to the clean mounting area and hold in place for 10-15
seconds to confirm proper adhesion.
- Connect networking cable from the port in the AP to the female connector on the POE Injector.
Note: CAT5 recommended and up to 100 meters supported
- Insert the lip from the Quick Disconnect Bracket into the horizontal opening at the top of AP.
- Connect the male connector on the POE Injector to your existing switch.
- Connect 24 VDC power supply at 120 VAC outlet and POE Injector. The POE Injector will have
a green light present when power is applied.
- Plug the Access Point into a back office managed switch in managed mode per MNSP defined port.
9a. Follow the DFS Egress rules for the AP: Trunk port, VLAN 0, untagged.
9b. The assigned port for the AP needs to be configured for DHCP.