General communication Hardware Issues
Dispensers with SU's connected through AvaLAN Wireless AO
- Equipment DFS58EMVAP and DFS584EMVSU
- Wireless AP connected site
- If unable to pair devices or the proper link lights are not lighting up, replace the unit affected and re-pair a new device
- If unable to power a unit, power supply or POE could be inoperable, replace the unit affected and re-pair a new device
Enter Site Survey Mode:
Site Survey Mode
- When an Access Point is silent, an In-Dispenser Pairing Key can be inserted into the Access Point to enter Troubleshooting / Site Survey Mode. This mode starts 45 seconds after the key is inserted. To exit this mode remove the key. In this mode the:
- The Access Point will begin to beep how many Radios are connected. The beep pattern is two slow beeps followed by faster beeps. The number of fast beeps is the number of actively connected In- Dispenser radios.
- The In-Dispenser Radios will chirp their signal strength with lower signal indicated with slower beep rate and higher signal with faster rate. The radio operates well even when the rate is slower. Expect the rate to be a little slower with the door closed. The beeps begin 10s after the key is inserted in the Access Point and will stop 30s after the key is removed. The beep pattern becomes a warning siren if the signal is too high indicating that the radios are too close (<10ft). Also, the LEDs behavior changes so that all 6 LEDs (rather than 3) display the signal level. This can provide a more accurate meter for comparing signal levels assuming the LEDs are visible.